GVP's Electric Lineworker Scholarship deadline is June 1, 2020.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applications are open to any current member residing in a home served by Grand Valley Power, and who is continuing their education to obtain an undergraduate degree and enrolling as a full-time student. Other requirements may be necessary depending on the scholarship you are applying for. Please review the terms and requirements on the application.
The award levels vary by scholarship:
- Jack Broughton - Colorado Mesa University Scholarship: One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be awarded, which is renewable for a total of four years (if terms are met).
- Grand Valley Power Scholarship: Six (6) $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. This is a one-time award.
- Western Colorado Community College (WCCC) Scholarship: One (1) $1,500 scholarship will be awarded. This is a one-time award.
- Western Colorado Community College (WCCC) Electric Lineworker Scholarship: One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be awarded. This is a one-time award.
Our application requirements are the following:
- Submit all information on GVP's application one of three ways: (1) by mail, (2) dropping it off at our main office or (3) online. PDF applications can be found below.
- Submit an official transcript from the last high school or college attended.
- Transcripts may be supplied to us by dropping them off (sealed), by mail, by fax (970) 242-0612, or by email and MUST be an official record.
- If applying for multiple scholarships, only one transcript is needed.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from non-relatives, with the official cover letter form located here. This is REQUIRED to be attached.
Submit a written or typed essay on why you should be awarded a Grand Valley Power Scholarship. The applicant should describe the chosen career path you are taking and why. The applicant should also discuss such items as school and community involvement, volunteer experience, leadership and work opportunities and financial need.
Submit a high resolution photo (preferably min. 300 DPI).
The Jack Broughton - Colorado Mesa University Scholarship, Grand Valley Power and Western Colorado Community College (WCCC) Scholarship must be dropped off or submitted online at gvp.org by March 2, 2020 by 5 p.m.
The Western Colorado Community College (WCCC) Electric Lineworker Scholarship must be postmarked, dropped off or submitted online at gvp.org by June 1, 2020.
Online submissions can be saved to return to later.
You can apply for as many applications as you want, however, you will only receive one. For example, a student applies for both the Jack Broughton-CMU and Grand Valley Power scholarship. The student will be receive one or the other, not both, if the committee chooses that applicant.
After applications are received by March 1 for the GVP Scholarships, the Jack Broughton - CMU Scholarship and the Western Colorado Community College Scholarship, a committee of educators appointed by the board of directors will review the applications and determine the winners. Awardees will be notified in writing by April 1, 2020.
The same process will take place for the Electric Lineworker Scholarship applications after the June 1 deadline. An awardee will be selected and notified by July 1, 2020.
2020 Grand Valley Power Scholarship Recipients Announced!